How do I deal with the property damage to my vehicle? Is the other party’s insurance company responsible for taking care of my property damage?

Any motor vehicle accident, regardless how minor, can be a stressful experience. If your vehicle is in need of repairs, the other driver’s insurance is responsible. However, many times it is quicker and more efficient to use your own automobile coverage to cover your property damage (assuming you have collision or comprehensive coverage). If you were not at fault, your insurance company will later seek reimbursement from the at-fault party, or their insurance. You may be responsible for your deductible payment, should you have your insurance company pay for the property damage. If you sustained any injuries in the accident, it is MOST IMPORTANT to speak with an attorney first, before speaking to either the other driver’s insurance company or your own.